Intact Enhanced Water Package
Climate change is partially responsible for the rising frequency and severity of extreme weather events such as floods, storms, and droughts since warmer temperatures tend to produce more violent weather patterns. Water damage has surpassed fires as the leading cause of personal property insurance claims. With water damage now the biggest cause of home insurance claims, it is important to consider what you can do to minimize the risk and impact of water damage occurring in your home.
Enhanced Water Package which is broken down into four parts:
1. Sewer Back Up. You will be insured against direct physical loss or damage caused by the sudden and accidental backing up or escape of water or sewage within the dwelling or detached private structure through
- Sewer Backup,
- Septic System Failure
- Sump Failure
Also included in the package: if at the time of a covered loss, you choose to install a mitigation device such as a back water valve, Intact will pay $1,000 towards that installation.
2. Water and Sewer Lines. Great news, they now have included $10,000 coverage to repair or replace exterior water and sewer lines due to loss resulting from:
- Collapse of the line
This covers the part of the line that runs from your home to the sidewalk (your property only, not City property).
3. Overland Water. If the Enhanced Water Damage Package is purchased, and it is covered only if the risk is located in an eligible Overland Water Zone, Overland Water coverage is automatically included in the package and protects you against:
- Sewer back up caused by surface water
- Flood exposures such as overflow of a river or lake
- Surface water
These 3 sections will read into your policy if your residence is in a location that qualifies, or have not previously declined sewer backup coverage.
4. Ground Water. You can only buy this coverage (if you have the Enhanced Water Damage Package) and it includes:
- Sudden and accidental infiltration of water through foundations from underground water sources.
An example is how rain came down so fast last year in Chestermere and the ground was not able to absorb it fast enough and it caused damage in basements.
The ground water section will not be read in, however will be added to your policy when your renewal comes up.
More questions? Download our Am I Covered document.
Simply fill out the quote form at the top of this page to get your free Enhanced Water Package quote!
Should you wish to have the ground water coverage added sooner, please contact our office at 403-230-3811.